Exhibition space and box prep.

The first two boxes I made were pretty much perfect. However the second two I made were a little more scruffy. I think due to the warm temperature in the studios I found that the excess glue used to fix each panel together dried quicker than usual not allowing me to rub off the excess in time before it dried. This meant that I had to do a lot of sanding to get them as slick as possible. There was also a few pieces which where cut slightly wrong not exactly fitting together which was then rectified again with sanding them down.

The design of the boxes has worked well. Originally I thought they may be fairly weak but a combination of wood glue and nails has made the structure strong, It is possible to stack them on top of each other with out loosing any structure or strength.

The studio space has been pretty straight forward to create a clean minimalist finish which is what I’m trying to aim for. I’m happy with the space however it is larger than I thought it was going to be. I’m now glad I made more than two boxes as it has allowed me to play around with filling the whole space with light.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s